South Central PA’s Leading Denture Provider
American Dental Care of Harrisburg offers full and partial dentures that look just like your natural teeth, at an affordable price. There are many different types of dentures – our dentists will discuss the different options with you based on your particular situation. If you are new to the concept of dentures, read on to learn more about the different types and which best applies to your dental needs.
Types of Dentures and Partial Dentures
Dentures are a means of replacing multiple missing teeth. As removable appliances, they are effective and convenient alternatives to implants. Currently, there are three different types of dentures most commonly used.
Conventional – A fully removable denture, this is formed and placed in your mouth after the remaining teeth are removed and gum tissues have healed. The healing process may take several months.
Immediate – This removable denture is inserted on the very day the patient’s teeth are extracted. Our dentists will have already measured your jaw to create a model during your preliminary appointment in order to provide a precise and personalized fit.
Overdenture – In the event that some of your teeth can be saved, and in an effort to preserve the stability of your jawbone, an overdenture fits over a small number of natural teeth after they have been professionally prepared.
Between conventional, immediate, and overdenture applications, our dentists have state-of-the-art equipment and decades of combined dental expertise at their disposal for all of your individual denture needs.
How to Take Care of Your Dentures
- Wash your dentures by hand prior to brushing them in your mouth.
- Using a soft bristle toothbrush and a non-abrasive cleanser, gently brush all surfaces of the denture to keep them from being scratched.
- When brushing, clean the rest of your mouth thoroughly to reduce the risk of oral irritation, bad breath, and gum disease.
- Keep your dentures in a safe place when you are not wearing them – this will keep them from warping.
- If you are interested in adhesives, speak to your dentist – they may be able to recommend appropriate cleansers and adhesives. Always look for products with the ADA (American Dental Association) Seal of Acceptance. These products have been evaluated for safety and effectiveness.
Locations Close to You
American Dental Care of Harrisburg is thrilled to be the leading denture and partial denture provider for the greater Harrisburg area. If you live in Harrisburg, PA, New Cumberland, PA, Bressler, PA, or any of the surrounding communities, we would be happy to schedule a preliminary consultative appointment to discuss your denture needs.
If you have already scheduled your preliminary appointment for a denture consultation, and you are interested in other ways our team can help you, we offer these similar services that can meet all of your other needs:
- Denture implants
- Emergency dental services
Serving Harrisburg, PA, Bressler, PA, and New Cumberland, PA, we can’t wait to see that bright and beautiful smile for years to come.