What Can Go Wrong When You Don’t Take Care Of Your Teeth?
Most people are not aware that bad oral health can not only result in costly dental repairs, like dental implants for Harrisburg, PA patients, but can also hurt your overall health. Your mouth is a primary gateway to your entire body.
Bad breath, toothaches, and bleeding gums are all signs that something isn’t right in your month. When you don’t go to the dentist regularly, you may be allowing minor symptoms to grow into health risks.
Let’s look at some of the problems that can develop when you don’t take proper care of your mouth:
- Cardiovascular disease- inflamed gums can cause bacteria to get into the bloodstream causing arteries to build up with plaque and harden
- Dementia- gums that are inflamed by infections can kill brain cells and cause memory loss that can lead to dementia
- Respiratory infections- Bacteria from your mouth that travels into the bloodstream to your lungs can put you at risk for acute bronchitis or chronic pneumonia
Always check in with your dentist at American Dental Care if you have any questions or concerns regarding your dental hygiene.
How To Improve Your Oral Health
If you change your at home dental routine, it can help prevent your experiencing the adverse health risk related to poor oral hygiene. Let’s start with some teeth cleaning tips:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Change your toothbrush every two months and after being sick to minimize the bacteria on the brush
- Floss teeth daily
- Use toothpaste and mouthwash that contain fluoride
An excellent way to take care of your teeth is to develop a good at-home care regimen and maintain a consistent professional dental check-up routine. Having your teeth cleaned professionally by a dentist on a regular basis is crucial in maintaining good oral hygiene.
Our professionals always ready to help you get on the right track with your dental hygiene. We are the premier tooth extraction dentist in the Harrisburg, PA area. To schedule a cleaning today, call 717-279-5249.